Since 1958, the annual Flower and Patio Show has been a great attraction for those looking for indoor and outdoor home improvement ideas. More than just a home show, the Flower and Patio Show has exhibitors and vendors with a variety of talents and advice to share. Be prepared to come with questions and leave with ideas!
Unique Home Solutions has been a part of the Flower and Patio Show for years! Come by our booth and visit with your friend at Unique. We’d love to hear what you have in mind for home remodeling, and if we can be of help to you, we’d love to offer a friendly hand.
The show starts on March 9th and ends on March 17th, 2013.
Monday - Saturday 10 am – 9 pm
Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
General Admission: $12
Children 12 and Under: Free
Location: Indiana State Fairgrounds
West Pavilion & Expo Hall
1202 E. 38th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46205
For Indiana State Fair Info – (317) 927-7500
For HSI / Indiana Flower & Patio Show Info – (800) 215-1700
For more information, please visit the Flower and Patio Show website. Or call us at 1-800-800-1971.
February is Bath Safety Month at Unique! But you don’t have to only think about bathroom safety during the month of February, our Luxury Bath Division is actually expanding due to the overwhelming appreciation of our products and services. We regularly receive letters and messages of “Thanks” from our customers and friends who have had a Luxury Bath remodel. A simple bathtub remodel makes all the different in the lives of those who need help getting into and out of the bath tub. It brings comfort, privacy and relaxation back in to their lives.
Our walk-in bathtubs have a low threshold, making it easy to step in and out of the bathtub. With a seat just inches away from the door opening, this bathtub was made for the elderly or handicap who would like the ability to bathe alone.
These tubs also come with ADA Certified grab bars. They are installed in areas of the bathroom where they are most needed, such as on the wall near the tub and in the middle of the back wall of the tub where we all reach when stepping into the bath.
If you are interested in a spa-like atmosphere, this walk-in tub is for you. We can incorporate jets to make bathing a theraputic experience for you. We can also incorporate an adjustable shower head to make bathing safe, easy and fast. A non-slip floor is always a good idea, no matter your age or health. Regular tile can be very slippery when wet; our flooring looks much like tile, but you can feel at ease knowing this flooring has a non-slip component.
This walk-in tub was designed to keep you in your home longer and allow privacy, while being a relaxing oasis. To celebrate February’s Bath Safety Month, we’re offering 30% off our bathroom products and four hours of free Handyman Service, just for taking a look at our products.
According to a USA Today article, flu season should start winding down in a few weeks. With the way the flu season has hit the country this winter, this means we still have 3 more weeks of higher than average flu activity before we start to see the end of flu season, which means all should continue to take precautions.
Outside of getting a flu shot, there are precautions around the home you can take to keep you and your family safe. Cold and flu viruses can stay alive on surfaces for up to three hours. As active the typical family can be, without rigorous household cleaning, this illness can spread to everyone in the home.
• Clean your sponges and wash cloths daily by running them through the dishwasher or washing machine
• Disinfect your bathroom and kitchen thoroughly. Make sure you get the light switch and door knobs as well!
• Discontinue using communal toothbrush holders and either boil your current toothbrush to kill the germs or use a new one.
• Always wash your hands prior to touching your face, eyes, mouth or eating food.
• Try to avoid close contact with people who show signs of being ill; such as a fever, running nose, sneezing, etc.
• Get plenty of sleep and exercise, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthful food.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it, laying it on a surface assists in the spread of germs.
• If you are sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
Add to this list with some home remedies of yours! We’d love to hear them.